Last modified: March 1, 2018
Cursor Data, Inc. (“ Company ”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at www.cursor.com and related subdomains (the “ Website ”) and when you acquire, download, install, access or use Company’s service (the “ Company Service ” and, together with the Website, the “ Services ”). This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing such information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through applications you download from this Website and cloud software you access as part of the Company Service.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us outside of our Services or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What information do we collect from users of the Services, and how do we use it?
Before you can use the Services, we will ask that you set up an account by providing us with your email address, name, and password. Your email address is used to verify the Organization (users with the same root email domain) you work for and identification purposes. It will also be used to communicate with you regarding your account, updates to the Services, and activity within the Services. If you would prefer not to be notified about any of the items in the previous sentence, please email us at email@example.com . We may keep all of this information indefinitely.
The Services enable individuals (“ Users ”) of an organization (each, an “ Organization ”) to share queries and associated data analyses with other authorized Users of the same Organization, and to access, manipulate and collaborate on the queries and data analyses shared by such other Users of such Organization.
When available, you may also set up your profile on the Services and submit certain information to be displayed on your profile. This may include a photo of you, a short bio, and other information that you think other Users might want to know about you. Please keep in mind that all information that you submit for display in your profile, including any personal information, will be viewable by other Users of the Services. We may use this information to facilitate the Services, such as to suggest that other users follow you on the Services based on the information you provide. You can add or remove personal information from your profile on the Services in the “Settings” section of your dashboard. We may keep this information indefinitely.
Your Data Postings, Comments and Other Work
If you access or use the Services, you may upload data to the Services or post various queries, comments, analyses and other content on the data or work made available on the Services by other users. Please keep in mind that all such content that you provide to the Services (“ User Content ”), including any personal or otherwise sensitive or confidential information about you or others included in User Content, will be viewable by other registered Users of the Company Service. We use User Content and any personal information contained in it to facilitate the Services.
Usage Data and Cookies
Third-Party Integrated Services
We may implement certain third-party offerings in the Services, enabling such third parties to collect information about you or your online activities across different websites and over time through your use of the Services. Please note that any information collected through such integrated technologies is collected directly by these third parties for use (in part) by such third parties, subject to their own privacy practices and policies.
Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different Internet services when you use the Services.
If you correspond with us via email, we may gather in a file specific to you the information that you submit. This includes information provided for support purposes. We may keep this information indefinitely.
To whom does Company disclose information about you that we collect through the Services?
We may disclose personal or other information collected about you through the Services either (i) when we have your permission or (ii) in any of the following situations without your permission:
- In furtherance of providing the Services, Company may disclose certain information collected about you through the Services to other users of the Services authorized to receive such information.
- We may disclose information that we collect about you to our affiliates, and to third-party contractors who perform services for Company in connection with the Services or to complete or confirm a transaction that you conduct with us.
- As noted, information about you collected by third-party services integrated with the Services will be disclosed to such third parties.
- We may disclose aggregated data or anonymized data about you and other users without restriction. In these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you.
- We may disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances when legally obligated to do so, such as in connection with suspected illegal activity in connection with the Services, or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. We reserve the right to release information collected through the Services to law enforcement, public authorities or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate, including to meet national security requirements.
- We may disclose any information that we believe is necessary to enforce or apply our Terms of Services and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others.
Is information transferred internationally?
We are a global business based in the United States, and we may transfer data globally to be processed by us or our service providers in order to provide the Services to you or for such other purposes as set forth in this policy. If you are not a resident of the U.S., you hereby consent and agree that we may collect, process, use, and store your information, as discussed in this policy, outside your resident jurisdiction. Please be aware that United States law and the laws of other countries where we may store and process your information may offer different levels of protection for information than may be available in your country.
What security measures do we employ for information about you collected through the Services or this Website?
To help protect the privacy of data we collect through the Services, we employ measures intended to be consistent with industry standards for security and encryption in data transmission and storage. However, you should keep in mind that the Services are run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond our control.
We process payments securely using an industry-accepted payment gateway, and do not store any billing information on our own servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
How can you correct, update or make choices regarding the information about you that is stored by Company?
You may correct or update information that we collect about you by managing your account on the Services in the Settings section. This includes the addition or removal of personal information (except your name, email address, username and password, which we require of all users to maintain their accounts), as well as preferences for the types of communications you receive from us. You may also access the information Company holds on you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
At this time, Company does not support “Do Not Track” preferences that may be available in your browser for letting websites know that you do not want them collecting certain kinds of information. Specifically, if you turn on the Do Not Track setting on your browser, the Services are not currently capable of following whatever Do Not Track preferences you set. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
What are the policies of linked websites and other third parties?
What is our policy on children users of the Services?
The Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. The Services are not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us as email@example.com .
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
What law governs my use of the Services?
How can you contact us with any questions or concerns?
Last Modified: March 1, 2018
The Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Services.
Company reserves the right at any time or periodically to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. Fees for the Services, if applicable, are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Website. Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Services.
Overview of the Services
The “ Company Service ” is available for demonstration and internal business use and allows you to access Company’s desktop and cloud software components (collectively, the “ Software ”), add and access your User Content, and view User Content from other Users in the same Organization. When you sign up to access to the Company Service, you may disclose or upload your User Content using only the base functionality. You may also perform analysis on your User Content or on User Content uploaded by other Users in the same Organization.
Accessing the Services and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services, and any service or material we provide on the Services, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services, or the entire Services, to Users.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
If applicable, the credentials used to access databases within your Organization (your “ Private Credentials ”) are separate and independent from the login credentials used to access the Company Service. Your Private Credentials are kept encrypted locally on your computer and not stored or made visible to anyone else. You agree to protect the confidentiality of your Private Credentials, and not to share or disclose your Private Credentials to any third party. You agree that your Organization is fully responsible for all activity occurring under your Private Credentials. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Company harmless from and against all third party claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) against or incurred by Company arising out of your violation of this paragraph, or access by anyone accessing the Company Service using your Private Credentials.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and their contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own internal business use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If you are a User of the Company Service, you may download one copy of the desktop component of the Software and you may access the cloud component of the Software.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Services.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials displayed on the Services.
Company name, Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or other identifiers associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Company or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Software, or permit any attempt to do the same whether undertaken by you or knowingly permitted by you.
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Services.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
In addition to the limitations described above in “Prohibited Uses,” you agree not to upload to or otherwise make available through the Company Service any of the following:
- Any User Content subject to copyright that is not your original work, unless you have permission from the rightful owner to post such Content and to grant Company all of the rights granted herein.
- Any confidential or private information of any third party.
- Any User Content that infringes or misappropriates third-party intellectual property rights, or is invasive of privacy or publicity rights.
You also agree not to do any of the following:
- Represent or imply that you are a representative of Company or that any of your User Content is endorsed by Company.
- Impersonate any other person or entity in your Organization, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any other person or entity in your Organization.
- Use or attempt to use another User’s account.
- Intimidate or harass another User of the Services.
- Modify another online offering or service so as to suggest that it is affiliated with the Services.
- Use the Services in a way that is not in compliance with any applicable law, rule or regulation.
The Website may contain a fully interactive demonstration component and other interactive features (collectively, “ Interactive Services ”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, or display (hereinafter, “ post ”) content or materials (collectively, “ User Contributions ”) on or through the Services.
Any User Contribution you post to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Services, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors, and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
We are not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Services.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Content or User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all (a) User Content and use of the Company Service; and (b) User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Content and User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Content and User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
The U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) provides recourse to copyright owners who believe that their rights under the United States Copyright Act have been infringed by acts of third parties over the Internet. If you believe that any content uploaded or otherwise made available on the Services infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may so notify us in accordance with our DMCA process at email@example.com .
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, the accounts of users of the Service who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Cursor may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service or terminate the account of any user who infringes any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Services include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, Users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all other content, other than the content provided by Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials or User Content provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Services
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Company is based in the state of California in the United States. We make no claims that the Services or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. The following provisions apply to users outside the United States: You consent to having your User Content transferred to and processed in the United States. You access the Services on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities using the Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that the Website and/or the Software will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF OR ACCESS TO ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, ITS CONTENT, AND THE SOFTWARE OBTAINED OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AND/OR THE COMPANY SERVICE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE WEBSITE, ANY CONTENT ON THE SERVICES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
We will try work in good faith to resolve any issue you have with the Services, if you bring that issue to the attention of our customer service department. However, we realize that there may be rare cases where we may not be able to resolve an issue to a customer's satisfaction.
YOU AND COMPANY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Company agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by Cursor Data, Inc., located at 33 New Montgomery St., Suite 1500, San Francisco, California 94105.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org